Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Last Few Months

Here’s a non-so-short update on the past three months for us, they were full of adventures!

May 3, 2009 Randy and I were married at Maymont Park. It wasn't quite what we imagined due to the weather, but we enjoyed it anyways. Isabella was our flower girl. It is wonderful to now all be Koontz's. We are still getting photos from our guests and I have had a great time seeing all of them. If you have photos or want to see photos, let me know and I will send you a link to a Snapfish room with everyone's photos of the wedding. I hope to have the professional photos up there this week!



May 4-10, 2009
Randy and I honeymooned in Maui! Yes, we left Isabella behind. She was in the capable hands of Nana (my mom). Randy and I loved Hawaii! We packed as much as we could into that week. We even got to see my cousin, Michael, and his family while we were there. I will post a separate blog about that trip if you are interested in all we did. It was hard to come back to Virginia. If we hadn't of left Isabella here, I am not sure we would have come back.


May 23-25, 2009
We spent Memorial Day weekend at Randy's grandparent's house in Deltaville. There were a ton of people there! To avoid feeling completely claustrophobic we borrowed a tent and spend the weekend camping in the side yard. Isabella loved sleeping out in the tent. And I have to admit, the tent was so nice, that I enjoyed it too. (Thanks Matt for loaning it to us!) We spent the weekend visiting with family, fishing, going for rides on the boat, playing poker, and hanging out around the camp fire. All in all it was a good weekend.

June 13-16, 2009
Isabella and I joined my mom, dad, sister and her boyfriend for the annual Outer Banks vacation! Randy couldn't come down because of the time we had taken off for our honeymoon. Mom, Dad and Isabella went down early Friday. Jen, Matt and I followed after we got off work that day. It was a great few days down there. We spent plenty of time on the beach. It took Isabella a little while to get used to the ocean again, but soon she was splashing in the waves. She even caught one wave on the boogie board with Jen, but that was enough for her. We all rented bikes for the week and enjoyed them so much we ended up only using the car to go out to dinner one night. It was great exercise and Isabella loved her seat on the back of my bike. Her favorite person to ride with was Matt because he went "fast!" We celebrated Dad's birthday at Tale of the Whale. Dinner was delicious and we had a fantastic waiter! There were a few storms that rolled through but they didn't bother us too much. Isabella and I left late Tuesday afternoon to head back home. Mom, Dad, Jen and Matt stayed until Friday. (I will have to wait on mom to upload her pictures from the beach. We used her camera all week.)

June 25, 2009
Isabella turned four years old! I still have a hard time believing my little girl is four! We celebrated that night by going out to dinner at Cracker Barrel (Isabella's choice) with Jen and Matt.

June 27, 2009
Isabella had her Curious George themed birthday party at Beulah pool. The kids played on the playground, ate cake and ice cream, helped open gifts, and then went swimming. I think everyone was exhausted by the time it was over, but all the kids had a great time!



July 2, 2009
We all headed out to Busch Gardens for the day. Mom and Dad had given us Busch Gardens' passes for Christmas and we upgraded them to the 2 year 9 park passes. It was a hot day but we didn't let it slow us down. It took us a little coaxing to get Isabella on her first ride, but after that first one she was ready for anything! She rode everything in the new Sesame Street Forest of Fun area and as many of the other rides as she could get on at the park as well. She was disappointed that she couldn't ride any of the "real roller coaster’s" yet. The three of us stayed that night to watch the fireworks. It was a great family day.



July 3, 2009
Isabella and I went back to Busch Gardens (Randy had to work) and met Shawn, Kat, Dona, and Carolyn there. Kat is Isabella's cousin and she is seven months older than Isabella. The girls had a great time riding rides together. Part way into the day the grandmother's, Dona and Carolyn, took the girls over and Shawn and I went to ride some roller coasters. The Griffin was by far my favorite! What an adrenalin rush. Unfortunately our plan to watch the fireworks from the parking lot didn't work out, but we made the most of it by watching them together near the Festhaus. Then we stayed until close and let the girls ride as many rides as they could. We were all exhausted but had a great time.


July 18-19
I went up to Maryland to spend the weekend with my best friend, Cammy (who I am desperately trying to retrain myself to call Shannon.) We spent Saturday at this cool festival in Baltimore called Art Scape. There was every kind of artist imaginable there! I enjoyed walking around and looking at all the booths. I ended up coming home with a new nativity set from Guatemala, an incredible picture of the Eiffel Tower, and a gift for Randy's best friend, Ray, for her wedding shower, even though it is about 9 months away! We had a great time talking with some of the artists and just browsing. I wish I had a few hundred dollars to spend there. I would have come home with so much more. That night we all went out for Indian. It was delicious!!!!! I had never had it before. I should have written down everything that I ate, so I can find a place in Richmond that has it and eat it all again! We went back to the house, watched a horrible 80's movie, Night Breed, and went to bed. Cammy wasn't feeling well the next day so I headed home around lunch time.

While I spent the weekend in Maryland, Isabella and Randy spent the weekend in Deltaville. They took the boat out for a couple of rides and enjoyed spending time with the family that was down there.

July 26, 2009
I spent the day at Water Country with my cousin, Christian. Christian has been spending part of his summer with us for years! He comes up from Florida to go to Camp Willow Run then spends a couple of weeks living at my mom and dad’s. I am very sad to say that this was Christian's last year coming up. Therefore I had to make it a point to go to an amusement park one day! We have done this every year except the summer Isabella was born. Some years we have invited some of the other cousins to go with us, but I was glad it worked out for just him and I to go this year. We had a great time there. We rode rides until a storm came through. We spent that time just talking and hanging out. After the storm passed we managed to ride the last two rides we hadn't ridden before a major storm hit. We got drenched and our ice cream cones were splattering everywhere in the rain. We were laughing and screaming by the time we made it to the car. I am really going to miss this time with him next year. But he will be 16 then and staying in Florida. I hope I will still be able to keep my "cool cousin" status from so far away.

August 8, 2009
Our last and most recent adventure was just Randy and I. We were given an awesome wedding gift by one of my oldest friends, Dacia. She gave us two tickets to the Dave Matthews Band concert at Nissan Pavilion! Isabella went off to Dona's for a pajama party so Randy and I could head out of town. Due to some unforeseen car issues we didn't leave as early as we wanted and we missed the opening band. Luckily Dacia, her mom and her mom's cousin saved us some seats near them and we made it in time for all of Dave! It was awesome! I sang and danced, Randy even swayed a bit. The last number in the encore was Watchtower and it was an incredible mix of music and lights! I wish it could have lasted forever. I loved every second of it! Thanks Dacia for an amazing gift!

So as you can see we have been one busy family the past few months. And we have plenty of more things scheduled for the weeks ahead! Hopefully I can update this about once a week and keep everyone updated on the events in our family and maybe even some of the events we hear about with the extended family.

Here's hoping this is something our family will be interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment